Sunday, July 06, 2008
10:06:00 PM
A Native American and his friend were down town in New York City near Times Square. It was during the noon hour and the streets were filled with people. Cars were honking their horns, taxicabs were squealing round corners, sirens were wailing, the sounds of the city were almost deafening. Suddenly the Native American said 'I hear a cricket.' His friend said, 'What? You mus be crazy. You can't possibly hear a cricket in all this noise!'
'No, I'm sure of it! I can hear a cricket' the Native replied.
The Native American listened carefully for a moment, walked across the street to a big cement planter where some shrubs were growing. He looked into the bushes, beneath the branches and sure enough he located a small cricket. His friend was utterly amazed.
'That's incredible', said his friend. 'You must have superhuman hearing!'
'No,' said the Native, ' My ears are no different from yours; it all depends on what you are listening for.' 'But it can't be!' said his friend, 'I could never hear a cricket in all this noise'.
'Yes its true' came the reply, 'It depends on what is really important to you. Here, let me show you what i mean.'
He reached into his pocket, pulled out a few coins, and discreetly dropped them on the sidewalk. And then, with the noise of the crowded street still blaring in their ears, they noticed every head within 20 feet turn and look to see if the money that tinkled on the pavement was theirs.
'See what I mean?' asked the Native, 'It all depends on what's important to you.'
okays i stole this from WEI THENG'S blog. doubt he will realise. but yes. ur credit.
i think yes. whatever i wanna say its in PINK
no matter what: exams, friends, bf/gf, parents etc. it depends on who you value most. the higher value the more you will listen to them.
listen and not just hear.
see and not just perceive.
'No, I'm sure of it! I can hear a cricket' the Native replied.
The Native American listened carefully for a moment, walked across the street to a big cement planter where some shrubs were growing. He looked into the bushes, beneath the branches and sure enough he located a small cricket. His friend was utterly amazed.
'That's incredible', said his friend. 'You must have superhuman hearing!'
'No,' said the Native, ' My ears are no different from yours; it all depends on what you are listening for.' 'But it can't be!' said his friend, 'I could never hear a cricket in all this noise'.
'Yes its true' came the reply, 'It depends on what is really important to you. Here, let me show you what i mean.'
He reached into his pocket, pulled out a few coins, and discreetly dropped them on the sidewalk. And then, with the noise of the crowded street still blaring in their ears, they noticed every head within 20 feet turn and look to see if the money that tinkled on the pavement was theirs.
'See what I mean?' asked the Native, 'It all depends on what's important to you.'
okays i stole this from WEI THENG'S blog. doubt he will realise. but yes. ur credit.
i think yes. whatever i wanna say its in PINK
no matter what: exams, friends, bf/gf, parents etc. it depends on who you value most. the higher value the more you will listen to them.
listen and not just hear.
see and not just perceive.
