Thursday, March 24, 2005
10:02:00 PM
Yuu(a) and Ai( were classmates.
They were veryclose friends throughout the whole of high school.
Till the very day..Yuu and Ai at the graduation ceremony.b: Yuu.. I have something to tell you..
a: (Busy adjusting his tie) Ya.. Ai?
b: Let me help. (With trembling hands.. she slowlyadjusts his tie)
a: What's wrong Ai? (Looks intensely into Ai'seyes)
b: (Stumbled backwards) No.. no..! Don't look atme like that!a: (Taken aback) What..what's wrong with youtonight Ai?
b: Er.. No.. no.. Nothing..
a: (Taking Ai's hands into his)
You look extremelystunning tonight.
(Bending foward and gettingcloser and closer to Ai's cheeks)
b: ...............................................
a: Haha.. Gotcha!
b: (Flinched) I'm not in the mood of joking with youYuu..
I.. I've got a matter to tell you.
a: Ya?
b: I'm.. I'm leaving for States to further mystudies..
I had no choice.. My dad..
a: (Hugs Ai and whispered into her ears)
Nevermind the rest of the story. I understand.
Two weeks later at the airport
b: (Tears welled up in her eyes) It's.. time to saygoodbye..
a: Remember to call and email me okay?
b: I will.. I'll be back in three years time.. Weshallmeet again.
a: Promise?
b: Promise.
Same old meeting place, same time,same date.
Deal?
a: Deal!
b: Okay.. Let's part for now..
a: Hey.. Erm.. I've got things to tell you..b: Ya?
a: Erm.. nothing..
(He wanted to express hisfeelings for Ai but never got the courage.)
b: Oh.. okay..
(Disappointed as she wanted Yuu totell her that he don't want to just be friends.)
a: Let me leave first. I do not wish to see you leaveme. It's hard for me. This is for you. (Yuu handedAi a expensive pendant and turned away, withquick swift steps, walked away.. out of Ai's sight.)Yuu never heard from Ai since then. They totallylost contact but Yuu never forgot Ai and waspatiently wating for the day of their agreement.
Three years later. At the meeting place. A beautifulbeach. It was sunset.
c: Hi.. Are you Yuu?
a: You.. you are?
c: I'm Ai's husband.
a: ...............................................
c: Ai wanted me to hand you this. (The manhanded him the pendant and walked away.)It was the expensive pendant.
As Yuu was poor.. Ittook his entire savings and the money he borrowedfrom his friends to get it. He did not leave thebeach the whole night. He was still hopeful that Aiwould turn up and would not break theiragreement. When all hopes were gone, he gripsthe pendant hard in his hands.. Tears which wereabout to burst, Went straight back to the deepestplace in his heart.
Two years later. A day at the cafe Yuu and Aiused to frequent.Yuu was sipping his coffee when he noticed a girlnot far away, having the same coffee as he does.She resembles Ai. He decided to walk over and tryhis luck.
a: Ai...?
b: (Slowly lifts her head.) Yuu...?
a: Is that realli you Ai??
b: ...............................................
a: (Frowns and slowly fuming) Don't you haveanything to say or to explain?!b: ...............................................
a: (Hot in temper) You did not contact me for the 3WHOLE YEARS in States! But I don't blame you!I've figured you must be too busy with yourstudies. I convinced myself to stick to this belieffor 3 years!! But when the day of our agreementcame, you DID NOT TURN UP! I waited and waitedtill my hopes were all dead. You are a realdisappointement. I can't believe you actually didthis to me. Not to say that you are already marriedand you wasn't the one who told me that. (Turnedaway and ran out, threw the pendant he hadalways kept with him for the past two years on theground)
b:(Sobbing)..............................................Yuu.....
(Picked up the pendant with great difficulty) Yuu..I'm sorry..Ai managed to get herself back on her wheelchairand wheeled after him..
They were veryclose friends throughout the whole of high school.
Till the very day..Yuu and Ai at the graduation ceremony.b: Yuu.. I have something to tell you..
a: (Busy adjusting his tie) Ya.. Ai?
b: Let me help. (With trembling hands.. she slowlyadjusts his tie)
a: What's wrong Ai? (Looks intensely into Ai'seyes)
b: (Stumbled backwards) No.. no..! Don't look atme like that!a: (Taken aback) What..what's wrong with youtonight Ai?
b: Er.. No.. no.. Nothing..
a: (Taking Ai's hands into his)
You look extremelystunning tonight.
(Bending foward and gettingcloser and closer to Ai's cheeks)
b: ...............................................
a: Haha.. Gotcha!
b: (Flinched) I'm not in the mood of joking with youYuu..
I.. I've got a matter to tell you.
a: Ya?
b: I'm.. I'm leaving for States to further mystudies..
I had no choice.. My dad..
a: (Hugs Ai and whispered into her ears)
Nevermind the rest of the story. I understand.
Two weeks later at the airport
b: (Tears welled up in her eyes) It's.. time to saygoodbye..
a: Remember to call and email me okay?
b: I will.. I'll be back in three years time.. Weshallmeet again.
a: Promise?
b: Promise.
Same old meeting place, same time,same date.
Deal?
a: Deal!
b: Okay.. Let's part for now..
a: Hey.. Erm.. I've got things to tell you..b: Ya?
a: Erm.. nothing..
(He wanted to express hisfeelings for Ai but never got the courage.)
b: Oh.. okay..
(Disappointed as she wanted Yuu totell her that he don't want to just be friends.)
a: Let me leave first. I do not wish to see you leaveme. It's hard for me. This is for you. (Yuu handedAi a expensive pendant and turned away, withquick swift steps, walked away.. out of Ai's sight.)Yuu never heard from Ai since then. They totallylost contact but Yuu never forgot Ai and waspatiently wating for the day of their agreement.
Three years later. At the meeting place. A beautifulbeach. It was sunset.
c: Hi.. Are you Yuu?
a: You.. you are?
c: I'm Ai's husband.
a: ...............................................
c: Ai wanted me to hand you this. (The manhanded him the pendant and walked away.)It was the expensive pendant.
As Yuu was poor.. Ittook his entire savings and the money he borrowedfrom his friends to get it. He did not leave thebeach the whole night. He was still hopeful that Aiwould turn up and would not break theiragreement. When all hopes were gone, he gripsthe pendant hard in his hands.. Tears which wereabout to burst, Went straight back to the deepestplace in his heart.
Two years later. A day at the cafe Yuu and Aiused to frequent.Yuu was sipping his coffee when he noticed a girlnot far away, having the same coffee as he does.She resembles Ai. He decided to walk over and tryhis luck.
a: Ai...?
b: (Slowly lifts her head.) Yuu...?
a: Is that realli you Ai??
b: ...............................................
a: (Frowns and slowly fuming) Don't you haveanything to say or to explain?!b: ...............................................
a: (Hot in temper) You did not contact me for the 3WHOLE YEARS in States! But I don't blame you!I've figured you must be too busy with yourstudies. I convinced myself to stick to this belieffor 3 years!! But when the day of our agreementcame, you DID NOT TURN UP! I waited and waitedtill my hopes were all dead. You are a realdisappointement. I can't believe you actually didthis to me. Not to say that you are already marriedand you wasn't the one who told me that. (Turnedaway and ran out, threw the pendant he hadalways kept with him for the past two years on theground)
b:(Sobbing)..............................................Yuu.....
(Picked up the pendant with great difficulty) Yuu..I'm sorry..Ai managed to get herself back on her wheelchairand wheeled after him..
